taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have submitted my accounts and realised that not all

hi, i have submitted my accounts and realised that not all receipts and invoices have been included in fact the whole of last month was forgotten. What do you think i should do to correct it? than you.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If you have filed a self assessment tax return, you can send an amendment to it.
If the tax return was paper based, I recommend you write to the tax office and request they amend the figures for corrections.

If you filed your tax return online, you should be able to send an amended return online.

Either way, you should report amended figures. There won't be any fine or penalty in reporting the correct figures.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was ltd accounts...

Gerard, thank you for your reply.

I take it you filed your CT600 return online and it was successfully submitted.

If you were to open the saved pdf file again, you would be able to make changes and submit amended copy.

I hope this is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK and what about P&L and balance sheets submitted to Companies house and hmrc?

Gerard, thank you for your reply.

Companies House
You will have to send amended accounts to Companies House by post. Please make sure you have headed them as amended accounts.

HMRC
This is done online. When you open your CT600 file again, you make necessary amendments and re submit the file. It would go as amended CT600 return. Please tick yes against the question "do you want to use the accounts service" when completing CT600 return.

I hope this is helpful.
Experience: FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.