TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without having to complete certificate of residence forms. Although I resided and pay UK taxes I work in Indian and this confirmation is required by the Indian tax authorities
Hello,If you were wanting the confirmation for anything other than claiming residency for tax reasons you could request confirmation that HMRC regards ***** ***** being a resident of the UK , a ‘letter of confirmation’ could be issued instead of a Certificate of Residence (CoR).HMRC would not issue anything about a double tax agreement though without the forms.Indian is requesting the confirmation for double tax reasons so you will need to complete the full forms.https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PT_CertOfRes