TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without

Can I obtain letter of confirmation of tax residence without having to complete certificate of residence forms. Although I resided and pay UK taxes I work in Indian and this confirmation is required by the Indian tax authorities
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello,If you were wanting the confirmation for anything other than claiming residency for tax reasons you could request confirmation that HMRC regards ***** ***** being a resident of the UK , a ‘letter of confirmation’ could be issued instead of a Certificate of Residence (CoR).HMRC would not issue anything about a double tax agreement though without the forms.Indian is requesting the confirmation for double tax reasons so you will need to complete the full forms.https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PT_CertOfRes