bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

HelloI'm responsible in the Middle East and Asian

Customer Question

I’m responsible for sales in the Middle East and Asian pacific.
Since November last year I’ve done 3 trips to these regions what kind of compensation I’m entitled to as on almost all trips I’m away for 3 full weekends outside my working hours/days. In general i leave on the Friday and come back on the Sunday 16days later. Nothing is mentioned in my handbook or contract.
Willem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
below is an outline of the journeys madeAustralia/NZ 2014
Departure: Friday 07/11 afternoon
Return: Sunday 23/11 lunch
Due to the fact that a return flight was cheaper, on Friday after my last meeting I had to fly to Sydney to fly on Saturday to Manchester where I arrived on Sunday mid-day
Middle east 2015
Departure: Friday 13/03 afternoon
Return: Saturday 28/03 evening
Left on Friday to arrive on Saturday start work on Sunday as their working week is from Sunday till Thursday however Friday I was still working as our UK office is open so the first week I worked 6 days.
Asia 2015
Departure: 05/06 afternoon
Return: 21/06 lunch
Due to the fact that a return flight was cheaper, on Friday after my last meeting I had to fly to Singapore to fly on Saturday to Manchester where I arrived on Sunday mid-day
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Firstly can you tell me how long you have been with your company. And can you tell me are all expenses covered for you trips please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben,I've been with the company for 2 years now. Yes all expenses during business trips are paid for by the company.Willem
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have had to transfer your question to our tax section as this is more of a tax issue. You should be contacted by one of my colleagues in there shortly. No need to reply in the meantime, thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Keith, one of the Tax Experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If your travel and subsistence expenses are all met by your employers there are no deductions you can make from your emoluments for tax purposes as a result of your overseas duties. Had you only been partly reimbursed then you could have made appropriate deductions for the balance as expenses in employment. Had you been self employed or not reimbursed at all then the whole lot would have been allowable as a business expense. I do hope that I have been able to shed some light on your position.
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
Thank you for your support.