TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

My Father who lived in Scotland has died there, he left his

My Father who lived in Scotland has died there, he left his estate divided between my brother and myself approx. £190,000.00 each. There is no inheritance tax to pay in Scotland, will I have to pay any in England when I receive the inheritance?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello,If you’ve received an inheritance, you usually don’t pay Inheritance Tax. If no Inheritance Tax is due on the estate, fill in form C5 for Scotland residents, to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).You or your solicitor will need to send the forms with your confirmation (Scotland application for probate).The inheritance is not taxable to you as long as your father did not make gifts in the last 7 years of his life more than £325,000 you would not be taxed now.Please accept my condolences.Let me know if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.