How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15950
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

How do I notify the tax office of mine and my wife's early

Resolved Question:

How do I notify the tax office of mine and my wife's early retirement which involves both of us not earning taxable income.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

If you don't want to call HMRC again given the potential wait time, write a letter to the first address here. The best time to call HMRC is at 8am, their opening time,Monday to Saturday. Your letter should mention your wife's national insurance number.

I hope this helps but let mw know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you