Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have received notification that I have underpaid tax amounting

Customer Question

I have received notification that I have underpaid tax amounting to £167.80?? How can that be? I have 2 pensions one a Widows Pension and 1 my Civil Service Pension so as the tax is stoped at source how can I owe that amount?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me which tax year the underpayment is for please. Did any of the pensions commence during the tax year that the £167.80 underpayment is for? Would you let me know the state pension/widows pension figure, the Civil Service pension figure, the tax deducted and your date of birth please.