bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Should I charge VAT testing (Portable Appliance

Customer Question

Should I charge VAT for electrical testing (Portable Appliance Testing or PAT testing)?
Also mobile discos?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You merely issue an invoice with the VAT at the standard rate [20%] added. It is just the same as any other transaction. The invoice must quote your trading name, the date, the VAT Registered Number, the amount of tax added and the rate of taxation. I do hope that I have shed some light on your problem.
The service you supply is standard rated so if you are registered for VAT the tax should be charged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks. I will consider your answers.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.