Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My Husband left me in November 2014, I am now living on my

Customer Question

My Husband left me in November 2014, I am now living on my own, I receive a Pension from BT and all of a sudden they aretaking an extra £50 a month Tax from my Pension payment. Why?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
The fact that you have separated from your husband should have no effect on your tax unless you were born before 6 April 1935.
Can you tell me when the increase in the tax deduction started please. What tax code are you on? If you have the code to hand, can you tell me what is in it in terms of allowances and deductions please.