bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

DIVIDENDS AMOUNT IS WRONG BY ABOUT £1,000. HSBC

Customer Question

DIVIDENDS AMOUNT IS WRONG BY ABOUT £1,000. HSBC CONFIRM THIS. I DO NOT UND ERSTAND WHERE YOU GET THIS FROM. HAVE FAILED TO GET TO YOU BY PHONE. I AM 87 AND FIND THIS DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH. TAX REF XXX/XXX NINO XXXXXXXX

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist. I suspect that you think Just Answer is part of HMRC when it is actually an independent UK tax advice service. However, the best solution is to write to your tax office and demand an explanation. You should appeal against HMRC's decision which your letter will do. HMRC are very keen on making assumptions, in my experience frequently wrong and invariably in the Revenue's favour! I recall on one occasion them assuming that a declared capital loss was investment income! I do hope that I have been able to shed some light on the position.
Thank you for your support.