bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Good afternoon,my national insurance number is ***** XX XX XX

Customer Question

good afternoon,
my national insurance number is ***** XX XX XX A,
my name is***** have today received information about possible tax charge for the amount of £734 I received from PIP as a backdated amount of support because of very serious illness cou
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello Carmine, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
PIP is a non taxable benefit. However, if the payment has been delayed it may bear interest and that interest would be subject to Income Tax.
If you are being charged tax on your PIP this is incorrect, but you can reclaim it from your tax office. Just write them a letter setting out the demand and pointing out that the benefit is actually outside the UK tax regime.
I do hope that my reply has been of assistance. These errors do occur from time to time and a letter usually corrects them.
Post to clear my question list.