Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am on paye and i would like to know if i can claim any thing

I am on paye and i would like to know if i can claim any thing back from the cost to me in getting to work. I travel 140 per day and it costs me £240 pm in fuel. Can I claim against this.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer. Is this your normal place of work - or a temporary reallocation due to work needs. Do you have a single place of work that you report to and conduct work from, or do you travel throughout the day as part of your duties. Please advise further ThanksSam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my single place of work and where I conduct my work from. Thanks Sam for getting back to me so quickly.Rod.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rod You are very welcome and thanks for the responses I am afraid as this is your normal place of work, then there is NO claim for the costs of the fuel to and from work as this is deemed to be normal travel rather than business travel - with your work day not officially commencing until such time you arrive at the work place.I am sorry the news is not more favourable. Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance, but it would be appreciated if you would rate me for the level of service I have provided you with. ThanksSam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for that. I will fill out the feedback just now. Thanks once again. Rod