bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I received P60s which only shows my employee contributions

Customer Question

I received P60s which only shows my employee contributions not my employers contributions deducted from my gross wage and how can I now claim this £2000 allowance detailed on the HMRC web
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
When you, as a self employed person, make your annual self assessment there is a box 28 on the short form SA102S to enter NI deductions made. The GBP 2000 allowance is available as follows [source: HMRC Corporate Report] 'In the March 2013 Budget, as part of its strategy to encourage business growth, the Government announced that it will introduce an employment allowance of £2,000 a year for all businesses, charities and CASCs to offset against their liability for Class 1 secondary NICs. ' I am sorry to have to rain on your parade; you have no entitlement to this allowance, only your employer.
Thank you for your excellent support.