How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4188
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I received P60s which only shows my employee contributions

Customer Question

I received P60s which only shows my employee contributions not my employers contributions deducted from my gross wage and how can I now claim this £2000 allowance detailed on the HMRC web
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
When you, as a self employed person, make your annual self assessment there is a box 28 on the short form SA102S to enter NI deductions made. The GBP 2000 allowance is available as follows [source: HMRC Corporate Report] 'In the March 2013 Budget, as part of its strategy to encourage business growth, the Government announced that it will introduce an employment allowance of £2,000 a year for all businesses, charities and CASCs to offset against their liability for Class 1 secondary NICs. ' I am sorry to have to rain on your parade; you have no entitlement to this allowance, only your employer.
bigduckontax and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your excellent support.