bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My dad is a self employed builder and decorator.this is

Customer Question

Hi my dad is a self employed builder and decorator.this is for london area. I normally fill a short tax returns form for him, his taken a business over renting property and a shop . he has started 22nd August 2015, and also whats to hire a employee for
the shop, should i fill the short tax returns form including the business my dads taken over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's a inherited letting properties and shop.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to be able to help you with your question. That would seem an appropriate procedure. Remember, that you will have to complete a SA103 for each separate type of self employment as well as a SA105 for the renting business. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if his doing his building work and the shop I would need to fill two SA103 and one SA 105.
I thought I would have to fill the full tax form? Thanks for answer
Always remember that with tax forms you only have to complete those boxes which are applicable and leave the rest blank. Almost certainly the short form with the supplementary ones will suffice. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so depending on business you have a form for each
Correct; you even have a separate supplementary form for each employment. I recall on one year I had to complete 3 of those!
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Keith this is a great help
Delighted to have been of assistance.