bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have, to my delight received p800 -15. I am happy

Customer Question

I have, to my delight received p800 for 2014-15. I am happy with the calculations. Does this mean that I do not have to submit a Tax Return?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer. and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Correct; HMRC have finalised you 14/15 tax position with the P800 presumably issued following the end of the year PAYE system. Many UK taxpayers never self assess for tax and there is no requirement for you so to do unless you are in receipt of income which has not been taxed. The majority of UK taxpayers never have to self assess. I do hope that my reply has been of use to you.
Thank you for your support.
Just one small point, if HMRC ask you to self assess you must, of course, comply.