taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I finished my full time employment to retire July 10th 2015.

I finished my full time employment to retire July 10th 2015. do I apply for a tax refund. The automated revenue service tells me that any over payment will be automatically picked up but another revenue enquiry tells me that I need a p800. please help
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

P800 form is a tax calculation statement showing your taxable income and tax paid in a given tax year. As you retired in Jul 2015, you would get one from HMRC after the end of the tax year 2015-16 (year ended 5 Apr 2016).

HMRC will generally send you a P800 tax calculation for each tax year in which you have either paid too much or too little tax.

My advice to you is to wait and HMRC will issue you with a P800 after the end of current tax year.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thankyou for your response to my question. Whilst I was on your site there was some problem with my e-mail address on a window that kept cropping up from your site. I think that I may have paid twice for the same question. I couldn't move on with the (next) button but obviously my mail was received by you, so I retried and think my retry was charged at £60 on top of the initial £36. HELP

Margaret, thank you for your reply.

I hope my response was helpful and answers your question.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate/accept the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

I will contact Just Answer on your behalf and request they refund your deposit on the second question.