TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I am filing form CWF1 a new UTR Is that

Hi, I am filing form CWF1 for registering a new UTR Is that correct?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Can you confirm that you want to register as self-employed for the first time and that you have never had a UTR in the past.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
You can complete either of the two documents here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-and-national-insurance-contributions-register-if-youre-a-self-employed-sole-trader-cwf1
I use the second one as when you have sent it to HMRC via email, you get a reply with a reference number very quickly. The last one I did for a new client took six weeks to be processed and a UTR issued. However, you can use the reference number if you contact HMRC on 0300(###) ###-####to chase it up and they will give you a progress report.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.