bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I registered as self employed on 24 march I made no money from

Customer Question

I registered as self employed on 24 march I made no money from self employment until June , my start up costs were incurred in march and April amounting to approx 3000 , I am being asked to complete self assessment should I put start up costs in this year when I didn't start earning to new tax year ?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You made a loss in the 14/15 tax year through start up costs and enter your expenses on a SA102S finishing up with the total loss in Box 22. You complete this form in addition to your SA100. This loss can either be offset against any income or capital gains made in the 14/15 year or carried forward against profits in subsequent years. I do hope my reply has been of assistance.

Thank you for your excellent support.