taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I was given two tax free gifts from Australia this

I was given two tax free gifts from Australia this year, one from a person and another from charity. The person gave me a large gift and would like to give me another gift soon. I live in England and am register for tax as sole trader. Can I receive another tax free gift if I get a statutory declaration done.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You can get as many gifts as you like..there is no tax on gifts in the hands of the recipient. You would be best advised to get some documentation in place to confirm that the monies given to you are a gift with no conditions attached.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just like to double check - even if the gift is in the same tax year. Thanks again

Thanks for your reply.

It does not matter whether you get one gift or several gifts in a tax year.

I hope this is helpful.
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks you I got a good response and it was quick