bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been a sole trader since 2003. I am in dispute with

Customer Question

I have been a sole trader since 2003. I am in dispute with the tax office. By my calculations I have over paid tax by £1700. The tax office do not actually state catigorically that they dispute this but have sent me a stack of documents STA002B dated from 2005 to present day which I cannot understand. I need the services of someone who can relate these documents to my tax liabilities each year and can tell me if I am correct. Ideally I need someone who has experience of winning cases against the tax office.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. What is a STA002B? I am not surprised that you cannot understand it! My initial reaction would be to write to your tax office saying that you are not very good at guessing games and ask them to send you a SA302 which sets out their assessment of your tax position for the relevant period. You can then check this against your records and appeal against their assessment by letter if it is incorrect. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this mattter.