TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I have recently returned from living in Cyprus years

Customer Question

I have recently returned from living in Cyprus for twelve years and I have tried to contact the Income Tax Office to.
What can I do?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Why do you need to contact the tax office?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To register to pay Income Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if you will be working in the UK as an employee or on a self-employed basis or you have other sources of income which need to be taxed such as rental income.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am retired and get my superannuation from the Tyne and Wear superannuation fund.
My only other income is the Old Age Pension
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Call the tax office on the number here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees
Tell them you have recently returned to the UK and ask them to check that the right tax code is being operated against your pension. They may ask what other income you have so have that information to hand. If the tax code needs changing, then it will be done while you are on the phone. HMRC may also need to update your address.
The only other way you can contact them is to write to the address at the bottom of the page here:
Try to call at 8am Monday to Saturday. You will wait at least a month for a response to a letter.
I hope this helps but let me knowif you have any further questions.