bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I bought a holiday home from a leisure company and did not

Customer Question

I bought a holiday home from a leisure company and did not pay any vat on the sale,whem I came to to sell it I had to do the deal through them and they charged me vat,is this proper when no vat was charged when I bought it
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Something is wrong here. If you, presumably not registered for VAT, sell to a third party, the leisure company, then there is no VAT involved. The VAT charged is only applicable to any professional fee charged on the transaction, but not to the consideration for the holiday home. Write to the company and demand your money back, and if they do not comply take out a summons in the Sheriff Court. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.