bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Im working company called carillion and get paid through

Customer Question

im working for this company called carillion and get paid through another company called stirling group, and the scheme they use is called umbrella in which they deduct loads from my payslip. it is as bad as that i have deducted my national insurance that my payslip tells me that the company also deducts from my payslip their national insurance.
what am i suppose to do and how can i legally get out of this dilema
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The company paying you should be deducting your element of NI only. You say they are deducting the employer's element also. This is incorrect and you should ask them to refund it. If they refuse your solution is simple; report their antics to HMRC and also sue them in the Small Claims Court for the amount incorrectly deducted. You are being taken for a ride. Negotiation first is the best approach. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.
Thank you for your support.