How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4984
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If my company is VAT registered and have a turnover in excess

Resolved Question:

If my company is VAT registered and have a turnover in excess of the £82,000 annual threshold, however all of my sales are zero rated, eg. fresh meat, do I have to pay VAT on my turnover?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.
Although your turnover is in excess of the £82,000 annual threshold you only pay VAT on standard rated and reduced rated supplies. NO VAT on zero-rated turnover.You will find information on this link here helpful hope this ishelpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much, this makes a big difference, when I am operating at a 21% margin

Expert: replied 1 year ago.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.