Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

If I have to fill in my self employed self assessment and

Customer Question

If I have to fill in my self employed self assessment and ltd company accounts for 31jan what date range is this for earnings to and from ? Apr15-apr 16 or jan15 to Jan16 or other?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question

First I should advsie if this is your sole inome - from the limited company then you are NOT self employed you are an employee (Director) of the limited company

But for the limited company your tax year runs from the date you start trading and runs for a year - so if you start trading on 1st Aug 2014 - then your accounts and tax year run from 1st Aug to 31st July the following year

But you as an individual director (employee) this runs from 6th April one year to 5th April the next - so in the above scenario it would run from 1st Aug 2014 to 05/04/2015 and then the earnings from the 6/04/2015 would run right on through to 05/04/2016 (so from two limited company accounting periods)

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance