TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I had A CIS CARD YEARS AGO I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A JOB AND

Hi i had A CIS CARD YEARS AGO I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A JOB AND THE COMPANY WANT
MY UTR NO HOW CAN I GET THIS THANK YOU HENRY
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. The UTR is your unique tax reference which is issued to those individulas who need to complete self-assessment tax returns. It never changes and will be with you for life whether you need to complete tax returns or not. Contact the tax office on the number here and ask them to send you a note of your UTR in the post. They won't give it to you over the phone because of the possibility of identity theft. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The phone you give me i spent 1hr 10mins on the phone and still no one

answered and that cost me a lot of money as well thanks Harry

Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
I have nothing to do with HMRC and I've never worked for them but i do have to deal with them nearly every day because I work in tax. Many taxpayers have to wait to get through and the people responsible for those delays are the successive governments who have cut staffing levels to the bone. You might complain to your MP. Unless you have the UTR on a piece of paper somewhere at home, HMRC are the only people who will let you know what it is since it's them who issued it. Once again, I'm not responsible for HMRC but I gave you the correct number to contact. What else could I do. There is another one is here under "Income Tax". There is also guidance on complaints here. The best time to contact HMRC is as soon as the call centres open at 8am Monday to Saturday.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Frankly, to rate my answer as poor for delays in getting through to HMRC for which I am not responsible is ludicrous. What else am I supposed to do, give you Tesco's number? Please reconsider your rating as it is utterly unfair.