bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm in the UK and want to send a soccer jersey (signed)

Customer Question

Hi, I'm in the UK and want to send a soccer jersey (signed) as a gift to someone. It's worth $720 and change. On the green tag tax declaration, what would the tax amount be (as a figure and if you could let me know how you got to that too, it would be much appreciated. Oh, and it's headed to Colorado if that's required.
Thanks,
M
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Various sources [DHL, Export.gov] indicate that if the item is worth less than $2500 and sent as a gift to an individual in the States there is no duty payable on importation. Your shipper can give advice as to labeling. I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clear and consice answer. Very polite and covered the topic sourcing the answer (as well as being in the correct profession obviously!) 100% trust in the answer received which was also quickly answered. Much appreciated.

Delighted to have been of assistance.