bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm 68 old years and have just been made redundant after

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 68 old years and have just been made redundant after working full time. The company went into liquidation and the redundancy payments are in the hands of the insolvency service. Could you please tell me who I have to inform of my change of working circumstances - is one of them the DWP as I've been drawing my state pension whilst working. Also do I need to inform the Jobcentre as requested by the receiver as I've decided to retire from full time working and ,of course, cannot claim jobseekers allowance because of my age.
Yours sincerely,
Robert
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello Robert, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You are perfectly entitled to draw your State Pension whilst continuing in employment. Your State Pension is, of course, taxable, but paid gross, usually resulting in a downward adjustment in your tax code to make you tax neutral at the year end. There is no requirement to tell anyone of your situation. The receiver's comment is a stock one to all customers, he or she hasn't noticed that you are over the age to receive JSA! I do hope that my reply has shed some light on your position.
Thank you for your support