TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I have a company car - if I use another car

Customer Question

Hello - I have a company car - if I use another car for business travel can I claim mileage tax relief for its use
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You could do that for business travel only which does not include home to work and work to home. I had a client who used his own car for business travel and his wife used the company car for domestic purposes including taking the children to school as it was a larger vehicle. You will have a taxable car benefit though. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

I've just noticed that my answer was posted as an Info Request which doesn't allow you to rate it so I have posted it here again as an answer.

"You could do that for business travel only which does not include home to work and work to home. I had a client who used his own car for business travel and his wife used the company car for domestic purposes including taking the children to school as it was a larger vehicle. You will have a taxable car benefit though."