bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

The income company is derived from Health & safety

The income for our company is derived from Health & safety Training and administrative support for an apprenticeship scheme.
How do we know what is vatable and what is not?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. HMRC advice on this is as follows: 'Education, vocational training and other connected services provided by an eligible body like a school, college or university.' Your company does not come within that definition for its services to be exempt from VAT, so the supply is standard rated and VAT should be charged at the standard rate of 20%. However, there is no requirement for an organisation to register for VAT unless the turnover in one year approaches or exceeds 82K. All your company's activities are standard rated and will remain so until you come within the 'eligible body' envelope. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Thank you for your support.