TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Could you please let me know if non-UK residents will now

Could you please let me know if non-UK residents will now be charged capital gains tax on any increase of the valuation of properties that they let out from April 2015?
Paul
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYour rental income is taxable even if you are non resident in the UK. You’ll usually have to pay capital gains tax when you sell the property you have been letting. A disposal is when the contract to sell the property is agreed (often called ‘exchange’).Capital Gains Tax is calculated when you sell not when the valuation has increased and you continue to own the property.If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.