Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Dear *****! I Live in Egypt under a tourist visa not a

Dear *****! I Live in Egypt under a tourist visa not a resident one - does this make a difference? work day relief - do i tick his box? am i eligible or is this not relevant to me as do not pat tax in Egypt? am i claiming on a remittance basis?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question and asking for me
No it makes no difference under what conditions you lived in Egypt (so whether permanent or temp or tourist visa) - the forms are to assess your UK tax residence position for the year based on time spent where
No you do not need to answer workday relief on Page 1 of the SA109 that will not apply to you.