bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Can I reclaim VAT on accommodation potential supplier

Customer Question

Can I reclaim VAT on accommodation for overseas potential supplier of goods when they are visiting from Asia, we have a meeting booked in a restaurant and we will both be eating at that meeting, can I claim for VAT on the accommodation and meal if VAT is charged on them? Also, is their a cost of VAT on this advice and if so is this reclaimable?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Yes, all that input tax is reclaimable through your usual quarterly return. As this is an overseas customer the costs will also be allowable against profits of Income Tax purposes. Were this an UK business contact of course the deduction would not be permitted. I do hope that my reply has cleared the air for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith, many thanks for your answer, I have paid for my overseas guest and as I can claim back VAT can I also claim back VAT on the charge of this service?
Many thanks *****
Yes, Michael, you can. As I told you in my original answer 'all that input tax is reclaimable.' It is part and parcel of your business activity. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site. Regards Keith
Thank you for your support.