How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7303
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a chauffeur and I bought a new car 30 months ago and claimed

Customer Question

I am a chauffeur and I bought a new car 30 months ago and claimed the VAT back on the car, I have just voluntary terminated the car how do I work out how much VAT I have to pay back, the car was just handed back to the company not sold? please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You say you claimed back the VAT. Are you registered for VAT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
The amount of VAT to be repaid would be indicated on the company's documentation. If no consideration passed then there would be no VAT output tax to declare.