Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a chauffeur and I bought a new car 30 months ago and claimed

Customer Question

I am a chauffeur and I bought a new car 30 months ago and claimed the VAT back on the car, I have just voluntary terminated the car how do I work out how much VAT I have to pay back, the car was just handed back to the company not sold? please.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You say you claimed back the VAT. Are you registered for VAT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am
The amount of VAT to be repaid would be indicated on the company's documentation. If no consideration passed then there would be no VAT output tax to declare.