TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I have been paid a repayment on tax Ltd COMPANY BY hmrc

I have been paid a repayment on tax for a Ltd COMPANY BY hmrc BUT CANNOT CASH CHECK AS LTD COMPANY NOW DISSOLVED hmrc TOLD ME ALL THE REPAYMENT GOES BACK TO THE CROWN WHAT CAN I DO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the date for the company being dissoved according to Companies house was 7/7/15 the cheque was issued in the ltd company name on the 29/7/15 for Kate N Young Ltd I couldnt pay it into my current account.
After contacting the HMRC today they said they were suspending the cheque
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If the company has truly been dissolved as opposed to having been struck off the Companies House register then there really is nothing you can do as you will read here unless you have the company restored to the register. Follow the instructions here. It's unlikely that HMRC will make a repayment to you directly even given how close the dissolution was to the tax repayment cheque being issued. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tony
If I reinstated my company generally what is the success rate of getting my money
Know it's a hard one just want steerage on how fruitfulFull it would be
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
If you reinstate the company, you will get the tax repayment. Whether you think it is worth the effort depends on the size of the tax repayment. Frankly, I'd always do it as I'm not having the Duchy of Lancaster or the government possibly benefiting from a tax repayment due to me.