taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If I close my bank account does it mean that I can

Hello, If I close my bank account does it mean that I can hide my income from hmrc?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question...The honest answer is no as HMRC have means of finding out if you are being honest with disclosure of your income and tax affairs for tax purposes.You can try but I would not recommend this approach as a professional accountant.This may not be the answer you wished for. I hope this is helpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. Please only rate my answer if it is acceptable.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes.