bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been i Aberdeen now 30 years and when i

Customer Question

i have been i Aberdeen now for about 30 years and when i came in from Offshore there was a letter that the jyske bank i denmark are sayin the the won a lot of monye pay back but i have never had any thing for 30 years can the do that
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist you with your problem. Under Scottish Law any debt over 5 years old is time expired so if this alleged debt falls outside that time frame it is unenforceable under Limitation Rules. A creditor can always try it on and often do to attempt to recover debts which are time barred. Jyske Bank is the third largest bank in Denmark. Have you had any dealings with that bank? If not you should immediately deny any liability for and debt and advise them that nothing will be settled under any circumstances and any recovery action will be most vigorously defended. Do this in writing and never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever deal with them on the telephone. In telephonic communication there is always the danger of the other end getting hold of the wrong end of the stick if they can even find the stick at all! With written communication you have a hard copy of what has been said. That is a s far as I can go at this stage without more data. I do hope that my reply has shown you the way forward in this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Keith yes that was info there i don't maybe a cone i don know .but i wii take that to me that you have writing. the letter i got was fom a English company called FCI i have never heard about them before.so will just let do wont the wont and see if i hear any more from this
Thank so i am come down agin ha ha
Cai
FCI is: 'FCI Federal Credit Union, a member-owned financial organization, is dedicated to protecting the credit union's financial healthiness by preserving member trust, promoting financial responsibility and providing convenient financial services with the emphasis on personal attention to our members and their families.' It is based in Littleton CO in the USA. You are right to challenge, this has every indication of being a 'try on.' Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith
i will let you know before i don ant if i do any thing after talking to you thanks again
Delighted to have been of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith
just had a look at the botom of the lette and as you said the usa NS SA THE FAR EAST the are there on the letter
This sounds even more fishy doesn't it. Just e very guarded when you write to them.
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
Thank you for your support.