taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Is the pension top up payment tax-fre?

Customer Question

Is the pension top up payment tax-fre?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question...please expand on your question... what do you mean by pension top up? Many thanks
Thank you for your question...If you are referring to the initiative for older savers to earn extra state pension, then the answer is the extra state pension you buy is taxable along with the other state pension you receive. More information on on pension top-up can be found herehttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/11639003/QandA-Should-you-top-up-your-state-pension.htmlI hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions,please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.