TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I have today received an Email statin that I have a refund

Customer Question

I have today received an Email statin that I have a refund on Fiscal Activity ,I am a bit caucuses about the information of a form I have to fill about my bank Account ,the Email was sent to me from "HMRC Services" . Do you think this is genuine or a scam
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It's a scam. HMRC never describe themselves as "HMRC Services" or use phrases such as "Fiscal Activity". They will also never ask you to divulge your bank details in an email. Delete the email and don't click on any of the links if there are any. Take a look here for some examples of scam emails and letters. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.