taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Tax year 2015 to 2016 - during this year I moved out from UK

tax year 2015 to 2016 - during this year I moved out from UK to work in Dubai and need to understand if I have to pay UK tax on my earnings here in Dubai
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question...If you have moved to Dubai and are likely to be there beyond 5 Apr 2017, then you would be non-resident in UK for UK tax purposes for tax year 2016-17.You should complete P85 and send it to HMRC if you have not done so already. This would enable the tax office to update your records and bring your tax up to date. You would be treated as non-resident from the date of departure and then earnings in Dubai would not be chargeable to UK Tax.More information on this can be found on Page 51 of RDR3 herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458559/RDR3_govuk_hyperlink__updated_078500.pdf I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.