taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I was looking answer to the online CT600 form

I was looking for an answer to the online CT600 form for year end 2015 and the apparently common problem of AC187 not tallying with the balance sheet. I am getting this problem in AC218 and I understand the need to provide a figure for cumulative total of all profit and loss but the company only started in 2013 so the initial figure for 2013/14 was 0?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question..You state the company only started in 2013, so the initial figure for 2013/14 was 0.Please complete boxes as appropriate and I will review your accounts for you. We will get rid of error message.If you are able to send images of profit and loss acount and balance sheet, that would be handy.PROFIT AND LOSS Box No. This year Box No. Last yearprofit or (loss) on ordinary activities beforetaxation AC32 AC33tax on profit or loss on ordinary activities AC34 AC35profit or (loss) for the financial year AC36 AC37dividends for the period AC38 AC39net balance for the financial period transferred to reserves AC40 AC41 BALANCE SHEET BoxNo. This year Box No. Last yearintangible assets AC42 AC43tangible assets AC44 AC45TOTAL FIXED ASSETS AC48 AC49Stocks AC50 AC51Debtors AC52 AC53cash at bank and in hand AC54 AC55TOTAL CURRENT ASSETS AC56 AC57creditors due within one year AC58 AC59NET CURRENT ASSETS AC60 AC61TOTAL ASSETS LESS CURRENT LIABILITIES AC62 AC63creditors due after more than one year AC64 AC65provision for liabilities AC66 AC67TOTAL NET ASSETS AC68 AC69 CAPITAL ANDRESERVES Box No. This year Box No. Last yearcalled up share capital AC70 AC71revaluation reserve AC76 AC77profit and loss account AC74 AC75TOTAL SHAREHOLDERS FUNDS AC80 AC810 STATUTORY ACCOUNTSNOTES Box No. This year Box No. Last yearprofit and loss - opening balance AC184 AC215profit for the period AC185 AC216equity dividends paid AC186 AC217retained profit AC187 AC218 What did you report as issued share capital in your last annual return to Companies House? many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached the CT600 so far I think I have completed all the boxes correctly, clearly the form doesn't agree!
Thank you for your reply.I need the pages showing profit and loss account and the balance sheet from the Accounts Section please.. many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, is this better?
I am just getting one page Accounts Notes..sorry!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats strange, sorry, I'll try to screen shot them
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here goes
Thank you for the information.Please look at attached document for my response. I hope this is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that,I have tried amending the figures, trouble is that now I have changed the net profit AC74 figure to the £162 figure (AC60) it now states that figure must match the Total Net assets figure (i.e 344 which was the original figure I put in) unless I put those figures in it will not let me past that point. The problem seems to remain the Profit figure for 2014....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what happens with the net profit figure in AC74
We could go round and round...What was the correct profit for years ended 31 Jul 2014 and 31 Jul 2015 respectively.Was it £150 for 2014 and £68 for 2015? If the answer is yes thenAC74 should read 218AC75 should read 150AC80=219AC81=151Having done that, to make your balance sheet agreeAC68=219 (at present you are showing 344)AC69=151 (at present you are showing 363) You are not showing any creditors .. did you pay for any company expenses and not reimbursed for it? I await further development.I hope this is helpful.
I am happy to offer you additional service in the form of a phone call to clarify matters. Please let me know if this is acceptable and I will send you the offer. many thanks
Experience: FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was perfect in the end. I have now submitted the form, thank you very much. I expect it will become clear but do I get a receipt for the payment in due course?
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes.