Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My Annual Tax Summary 2014-15 says my Other Pension Income

Customer Question

My Annual Tax Summary 2014-15 says my Other Pension Income is £34308.22. It is not. My Teacher's Pension amounts to £2,241.04 pcm which I calculate as £26,892pa.
How do I set this right as I am obviously paying too much tax?
Keith ***** *****
NI Number : ZY 23 55 75 A
Last Tax Coding reference number ; 948/400
The telephone service does not answer.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Let me take a look at this and I'll get back to you in a short while.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. There are some notes on the Annual Tax Summary here. It is not a tax calculation and the fact that it is incorrect does not mean you are paying too much tax. If HMRC deem it necessary, they will send you a P800 tax calculation which will contain the actual income figures for the tax year just ended. As for the Summary, there is quite a discrepancy between the information HMRC appear to hold for you and what you say your income is. In the notes I gave you a link to, it says that there is no need to contact HMRC about the Summary as it is for information only. However, if you do want to point out the discrepancy, call HMRC on the number here. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.