TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Is there a facility on line you had lived in a property

Is there a facility on line for saying you had lived in a property for 18months before you rented out, when now you have sold the property in this tax year.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You need to work out the main residence relief and letting relief and put the sum of the two in box 37 on page CG2 of the SA108 pages. See page CGN3 of the SA108 notes here. As the property was both your main home and let, you also put LET in box 35 on page CG2 of the SA108 pages. There should be a working sheet in the HMRC online tax return for you to use which will be converted into a PDF and submitted with the tax return to give HMRC all the information about the property disposal they need. You might also refer to Example 9 in HS283 here for guidance in calculating the gain. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any furrther questions.