taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Can i claim accommodation and living expenses as a tax

can i claim accommodation and living expenses as a tax deductable expense while working abroad?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting I help you with your question..If your normal place of work is a location in the UK and you are posted abroad for short term, the cost of living abroad would be allowable as per HMRC manual BIM47710. The link is provided herehttp://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim47710.htmYour attention is also drawn to BIM37000 and BIM47712 I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes.