How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15914
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I am trying to complete my On Line Self Assessment Return and

Resolved Question:

I am trying to complete my On Line Self Assessment Return and have a payment I need to pay from my late mothers estate. It needs to be included on Form SA 107 but I understand that the HMRC website does not include this form and that I have to do my Self Assessment via 'A third Party' to do the Tax Return for me.
Is this correct?
Alan Simmonds
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm afraid that you cannot use the HMRC tax return software to disclose trust or estate income. The SA107 pages are not available there. You can find them here. However, the deadline for filing a paper tax return for 2014/15 was 31 October so you will either need to buy a commercial software program or have an accountant or tax adviser complete and submit the return for you. You might call the tax office on the number here to find out if they will allow you to file a paper return with estate income, albeit the deadline has passed. Otherwise, google "inexpensive uk tax return software". There are some good ones but I'm not allowed to recommend any I'm afraid. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions