TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I am trying to complete my On Line Self Assessment Return and

I am trying to complete my On Line Self Assessment Return and have a payment I need to pay from my late mothers estate. It needs to be included on Form SA 107 but I understand that the HMRC website does not include this form and that I have to do my Self Assessment via 'A third Party' to do the Tax Return for me.
Is this correct?
Alan Simmonds
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm afraid that you cannot use the HMRC tax return software to disclose trust or estate income. The SA107 pages are not available there. You can find them here. However, the deadline for filing a paper tax return for 2014/15 was 31 October so you will either need to buy a commercial software program or have an accountant or tax adviser complete and submit the return for you. You might call the tax office on the number here to find out if they will allow you to file a paper return with estate income, albeit the deadline has passed. Otherwise, google "inexpensive uk tax return software". There are some good ones but I'm not allowed to recommend any I'm afraid. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.