Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

There. I have a situation where a USA company wished

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a situation where a USA company wished to employ two staff in the UK. It odes not wish to set up a UK branch or a UK entity, but would run a UK payroll and calculate and remit PAYE / NI etc. Can this be done, and an employers reference
be obtained, without formalising an entity in the UK?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Having had a look through various authorities it appears that an overseas employer can register for PAYE for the purpose of running payroll and collecting tax and NI. The basic guidance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-tax/paye You should make it clear to HMRC that your company's presence in the UK is simply to pay employed UK staff and arrange the appropriate deductions. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.