bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My income is from state pension , and my retirement pension

Customer Question

My income is from state pension , and my retirement pension including pension for my late wife Valerie Caswell both from First Bus , but on my summary its got other income £3,165.00 ? please can you tell me what this is thank you .
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Just Answer is an independent tax advice site an not connected with HMRC in any way. As you probably know your State Pension is taxable, but paid gross. What normally happens is that HMRC reduce the tax coding on one or other of your First Bus pensions to recover the tax due. If you cannot trace the 3165 to either of these. look at the P60s, then you should write to the tax office who issued the summary and ask them from whence they got this information. I do hope that my reply has shown you a way forward.
I find the rating given astonishing.
I have told you that we are not HMRC nor in any way connected with that department, but also how people with pensions are usually treated in an attempt to make them tax neutral by the year end. I have also told you to check that HMRC's figures are actually correct. HMRC sends out literally thousands of these where the data is actually wrong.
I submit that the grading should be increased or that you ask a follow up question for more assistance.
Thank you for your support.