bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been given an account number to pay tax on my 'successful'

I have been given an account number to pay tax on my 'successful' PPI claim. Claims Advisory Group say I have to pay this before they will give me a cheque. How do I know the account they have given me is for HMRC? I think I've been caught here.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Indeed, you have been caught, but fortunately consulted us; this is the second enquiry of a similar nature that I have answered. This is a scam. There is no tax due on successful PPI Claims. Have nothing to do with this attempt to part you from your hard earned cash. Any money you send will be gone for ever. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Keith. I've signed a contract with them and have already paid £200 to receive the cheque. The amount I have to pay has now gone up. I'm concerned that I may owe something to them on the contract, as it stands, and think my best plan is to contact the police. Do you agree?
Most certainly and don't pay them another penny. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Delighted to have been of assistance. Thank you for your support.