taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If you have recieved Married Couples Tax allowance in the

Customer Question

If you have recieved Married Couples Tax allowance in the preivous year. Is it automatically received the following tax years until there is a change in circumstances??
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question...In theory, you should automatically receive it. Having said that, there are incidents where it is not automatically given.My advice would be to check all allowances you are entitled to are given in your tax calculation summary.If not, contact your local tax office.More information on Married Couple's Allowance can be found herehttps://www.gov.uk/married-couples-allowance/overview I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.