bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Sam, I am employed by a UK company, and am paid into a UK

Customer Question

Hi Sam, I am employed by a UK company, and am paid into a UK bank account monthly. From the 01/01 to 01/07 this year I have been working, and based in UAE, from July to September I have been based back in London, and from October until next April (minimum) I will be based at least 3weeks of every month back in UAE. Am I elegible for a partial tax refund for this year? Thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If you spend more than 183 days in the UK in anyone tax year you are liable to UK taxation on all your world wide income . By my calculation you will well exceed this figure in the UK so will be taxed accordingly. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade. Unfortunately a number of Brits who work overseas find themselves in the same boat.