Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have a reasonably complex CGT computation in relation to

Customer Question

I have a reasonably complex CGT computation in relation to 2014/15 and 2015/16. Family property, inherited half from father's probate in 1983, mother continued to live in house until her death in 2008 (assumed eligible for Dependent Relative Relief), planning consent then achieved in relation to attached paddock/ orchard, land sold to developer in Nov 2014, house and remaining garden sold in Nov 2015. Four siblings, equal shares....
Please advise quote for completion of a single standalone CGT comp (for each of 2014/15 and 2015/16) that each of the siblings can attached to attach to their respective Self Assmnt returns.
Thanks,
Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
If you wish to proceed with a telephone call I cane send an additional services request - but will not be able to do this until tomorrow afternoon/evening let me know if you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please - I think a call would be helpful. I can also send some further information as an attachment ahead of the call if that would help. Thx, Mike
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response and I apologise for my delay in getting back to you - your reply has only just come through.
If you are available this afternnon/evening - we can proceed, so I have sent through a telephone request with my details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI SamHappy to have a call but - for another £72 - I need to know what this will achieve other than just giving you more details with which to give me a quote to do the computation. Thx, Mike
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
It £72 in total - not a furtehr £72 on what you have paid, I am happy to type for the original amount but you asked for a telephone call and therefore this is more expensive due to the time having less restrictions to it (and the additional questions that could arise )
But you wanted an idea of the Capital gain position based on (as you state) complex circumstances and for two separate capital gain tax points along with 4 capital gains quotes quotes for each. That could be 8 calculations!
If you came to me as a client this would cost at least £500 but near on £1000!
Let me know if you wish to proceed.